Once you find your dream property, the decision to build a house on the land often involves navigating your way through a maze of endless different options. What style of home are you looking for? Where will you position it on the land? What method of construction will best suit your needs? At every step along the way it is important to fully consider each option, taking in to account your both your budget and desired timeframe.
Today, many homeowners are turning to modular construction over traditional on-site builds due to the extensive list of advantages. To help give you an idea, we’ve compiled a list of just a few of the benefits below:
1. Time is of the essence – modular homes are built significantly faster when compared to traditional construction. Often modular homes are completed in a number of weeks instead of several months or in some cases even years, which is not uncommon with on-site builds.
2. Save money – thanks to production line efficiencies, modular homes can often be built at a much lower cost than their on-site counterparts. It’s the little differences such as minimal tradesmen on site and reduced risk of damage from the weather and vandals during construction that make all the difference to the bottom line.
3. Keep the environment happy - building a home inside a controlled environment reduces your environmental impact thanks to the advanced recycling ability of the factory production line, minimising the amount of waste product. Some modular home builders, such as Swanbuild, also use ‘green’ building material wherever possible to further complement their environmentally friendly building techniques.
4. Protection at every stage – modular homes are built in a secure undercover environment, protecting building materials from elements such as rain at all times, ensuring a high quality end result.
5. Complete customisation – while modular builders often have a set range of homes to choose from, some builders such as Swanbuild offer free customisations to any of their plans, meaning you can shuffle and change the layout of your preferred plan at no extra cost!
6. Energy efficiency – modular homes are innovative buildings designed using the latest design and building principles, including advanced energy efficiency. As an example, all Swanbuild homes come with a 6 Star Energy Rating as a standard inclusion.
7. Minimal site disruption – with most of the construction completed off-site, once your home is delivered to your property there is only a minimal number of tradespeople required on-site, and your home will be ready for you to move in within a matter of weeks!
8. High quality construction- the ability of modular homes to be built in controlled factory settings means there is much more oversight during the building process. In addition, the structural integrity of modular homes meets and often exceeds that of traditionally built homes so you can be confident they will stand the test of time.
These are just a few of the many benefits of building modular - to read more about this innovate building method click here. When you’re ready to consider your building options, make sure you book an obligation free consultation with our team to discuss whether a modular home will best suit your needs and your budget.